Saturday, August 13th, 2022 | 9:30am - 12:15pm
Where We Will Meet
At the Gazebo by the water @ Cow Harbor Park
Where The Walk Will End
Tim's Shipwreck Diner on Main St. w/ Luncheon to follow
About This Walk
Remember to check back regularly for any UPDATES posted – see DISCUSSION TAB above.
Time for Our 12th Northport Harbor & Village Photowalk!
Hey folks, it’s that time of year again! We are going to enjoy another Saturday Photowalk thru Historic Northport! This is a great social opportunity to meet like-minded individuals that enjoy photography. Everyone is welcomed, regardless of age, skill level or what type of camera you have. The walk is also a great way to learn more about photography by trying new ideas or asking advice from fellow walkers. The point of the walk is just to meet like-minded people and have fun. Optionally KelbyOne will have a Worldwide photo contests, with prizes to be listed at a later date. Unfortunately I will NOT be giving out any door prizes at the Luncheon this year due to the short notice given. The walk is free but lunch is on each who attend (cash only). Remember all that’s needed is a smile & a camera!
Parking is available at the intersection of Main & Woodbine. There are 2 lots, although part of one will be used to set up the Farmers Market. There is also parking right on Main Street as well as 2 lots across from our meeting point off Woodbine. My cell is 516-884-9480 for those they may need to reach out for whatever reasons and my email is email@example.com.
We will meet under the Gazebo in Cow Harbor Park which is close to the waters edge. There is another larger Gazebo in Northport Park (just across the way) but that is NOT our meeting spot. Check my map for specific location if necessary.
Each year I publish a custom map showing the planned route, if you decide to follow it or shorten it, it is totally up to each photographer. You are welcome to print the map or just keep the link on your cell phone. Our walk will start at 9:30 am at the Gazebo, in the Cow Meadow Park, for introductions and a group photo. At 10am sharp we are off – Northport Farmers Market, great photos with the various vendors & their wares – some great colors! We will then move down to Northport Harbor with some fantastic water views. Then Seymours Boatyard – with their docks, views, boats & visitors and even a short boat ride – Yes the short boat ride is back by popular demand – you will have plenty to photograph. Then stroll thru Northport Park (people & dogs galore) and over to a few of the Local Homes who have graciously given us access to their waterfront properties. Lastly we’ll tour through historic Northport Village, up & down Main. St., past their shops, churches, and restaurants.
The walk will end at the corner of Main & Woodbine at 12:15. I hope that many will attend the luncheon following the photowalk @ 12:30 for some great food & conversation. Tim’s Shipwreck Diner (https://shipwreckdiner.com/) has always taken great care of us over the past 7 years. The food is great and reasonably priced and their outdoor facility fits our needs so well. This is a great time to socialize, show off your photos and get to know each other better.
What to Wear & Bring
Although you may have your preferences for a Photowalk, here are some suggestions:
- Wear good quality, closed-toe walking shoes.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing, appropriate for the hot weather.
- Tripods are allowed but aren’t necessary
- Bring at least one camera (any type of device that captures and records light is perfect, point-and-shoot and camera phones included!)
- Bring only the lenses you plan to use based on your interest. Not a good idea to bring your entire kit on a long Photowalk. I bring one medium zoom lens for most situations.
- Rain gear for yourself and your camera should be readily available as we have learned over the last several years.
Contest Rules & Prizes
All Contest Details will be posted under the Discussion tab once finalized by the KelbyOne group.
Note this is a “rain or shine” event! So prepare accordingly and you will be amazed of the images during poor weather. So if it sprinkles or if there is a short thunderstorm, come anyway. We will only cancel if it’s super bad – contact me 516-884-9480
Looking for Roster Information?
Remember there are 3 tabs at the top of our Photowalk page – Description, Discussion & Roster – Please check them out occasionally. Did you end up on the waitlist and need to check your status? Or maybe you can’t make it after all and you need to change your RSVP? Log in to https://worldwidephotowalk.com for details. Walk leaders have a limited amount of access on this website: we can’t change RSVPs, see email addresses or update your password. If you lost your password, you can click the “Forgot password?” link.
About Your Walk Leader
Hi! I’m Ron Richichi – I’ve been an avid photographer most of my life and I’ve been organizing the Northport Photowalk since 2011, this will be my 12th year. This year Joe Messina (co-organizer) is back to help make this Photowalk a success. I am now retired and taking it easy (doctor’s orders) My family is of utmost importance to me and I spend whatever time I can with them.
FURTHER DETAILS WILL BE POSTED AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE!
FINAL THOUGHTS & SUGGESTIONS
1) BE ON TIME – Parking may be difficult, try to arrive by 9:30 if possible. I would like to take a group photo by 9:45, quick discussion, Walk to begin 10am
2) DRESS COMFORTABLE – and weather appropriate – lunch will be outside weather permitting, … Bring Water!
3) KEEP GEAR TO A MINIMUM – makes walking easier – maybe just camera, lens & batteries 🙂
4) BE CREATIVE – look outside the box, see what others don’t. Shoot landscapes, buildings, people, other photographers etc. – PRINT MAP to help guide you.
5} BRACKETING – I like to bracket to ensure proper exposure – maybe an option for you.
6) BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS – Stay safe at all times and keep away from restricted areas.
7) BE AWARE OF TIME – 2+ hours goes fast – meet at 12:15 or so at restaurant’s side entrance (I will point that out) Luncheon begins at 12:30 for those staying.
8) BE FRIENDLY & OPEN AND HAVE SOME FUN !
My cell is 516-884-9480 if needed 🙂
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.