Saturday, August 13th, 2022 | 10:00am - 12:00pm
Where We Will Meet
Parking lot beyond the entrance on the right
Where The Walk Will End
Prairie Dome Café located in the Welcome Center.
About This Walk
Hello, shutterbugs! Time to dust off your camera, grab the bug spray and head to the wilderness of Woolaroc! Located in the rugged Osage Hills, Woolaroc is a 3,700 acre wildlife preserve, home to many species of native and exotic wildlife, such as bison, elk and longhorn cattle. They have a museum with an outstanding collection of western art and artifacts, Native American material, Mountain Man camp, hiking trails, animal barn, and more!
Once we meet in the parking lot right beyond the entrance (to the right), we can all go our own ways, then meet back at the Prairie Dome Café in the Welcome Center for lunch.
The photo walk is free, but entrance to Woolaroc is not. Admission is:
- Adults – $14
- Military Discount – $10
- Over 65 – $12
- Children 12 and younger are FREE
A few hard-and-fast rules:
- Wild animals are just that – wild. Do not try to pet, get closer for a better shot or anything else that can result in injury or death! Bison are unpredictable, great jumpers, and not a friendly, shaggy cow. Stay in your vehicles when shooting any of the wildlife on the auto tour.
- Stay hydrated! Make sure to have plenty of water as August is prime melting season!
- Protect yourself with bug spray – ticks, mosquitoes, and chiggers are out in force this year
- Follow all posted signage and the rules of Woolaroc
I have a Facebook group set-up so we can post our pics and once I receive info from Kelby, I’ll share how to upload your pic for their contest as well.
Hope to see you soon!
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.