Photo Walk Tips for First-Timers
Here are some tips and things to keep in mind to help you prepare for your first Photo Walk.
Hope you have fun!
- This is not a training session or seminar, it’s a social event.
While you may pick up some tips or tricks during the event, the main purpose of the event is to meet fellow photographers and have fun taking pictures.
- You might consider bringing just one lens since you’ll be walking around for a while. It’s up to you if you want to bring a lot of gear, but keep in mind that you’ll be carrying it the whole time.
- Bring your point and shoot! Don’t worry if you don’t have a big fancy camera
- If you do want to learn more about photography, you might consider letting people know before the walk begins that you’re a newbie and would like to tag along with a pro if they don’t mind.
- Bring sunscreen if you’re going to be out in the sun during your walk, as well as appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes.
- Check out the map on your Photo Walk page to familiarize yourself before the walk.
- The contest is open to anyone who registers for the photo walk, but you do not have to participate if you don’t want to.
- Each local walk winner will receive a free book from Scott Kelby, and the prizes for the overall winners are listed here