Below are all walker photos that have been uploaded and entered in the 2013 Photo Walk photo contest.
Meet Time: 04:30pm - 07:00pm
Photo Walk Description
Get ready for another great photography experience!
Ray Mabry here and I’m excited to announce that I will be leading the Santa Rosa group for the Scott Kelby’s 5th Annual Worldwide Photo Walk for the 4th year in a row. If you haven’t done this before, here are some fun facts…
Want to enter the Worldwide Photo walk photo contest? You must register now – space is limited!
Here is a quick overview of the planned walking route and some suggestions and points of interest for you to keep in mind when on the walk. See the last page go see the map of the walk.
Let’s get started!
We will gather at Historic Railroad Square in front of the California Welcome Center at 4:30pm introduce ourselves and take a quick group photo and then get on our way at 5:00pm. Sunset is at 6:30pm and dusk begins at 7:00pm.
After the group photo it is all up to you to either follow some of my suggestion or take it as you go, it is totally up to you – we are here to have fun.
The new route I’ve chosen this year is diverse in Historic, Artistic, Architectural, Social, and HDR opportunities.
Our walk will take us through Old Town and Down Town Santa Rosa.
1. Historic Railroad Square has a great deal to offer a photographer. There is the historic value as well as textures, color, people and sculptures.
2. 4th street of Old Town lends a plethora of opportunities for shots of store fronts, marquees, people, Architecture, and textures to name but a few.
3. Along Davis Street are additional opportunities to get marquees, Architecture, and textures.
4. A right on 6th street will take us through the new underpass of the freeway.
5. Along the entire path you will find art from ArtStart featuring Benches, Mosaics, signs, and Murals. Artstart (http://artstart.us ) is an award winning privately incorporated 501(c)3 non-profit educational arts organization serving all of Sonoma County.
6. Just past the underpass is the Santa Rosa Mall parking lot where you can find a variety of contrasted red brick and green ivy that is suitable for HDR.
Note: Santa Rosa Mall security has asked us to not take photos of the Mall building due to security issues.
7. On 7th Street you will find the Sonoma County Museum. Here you might be overwhelmed by all the opportunities available to you.
8. A right turn on to B Street will take us past the Brick yard and in front of the Mall.
9. A Left on to 4th Street.
10. A right on to E Street will take you past the Public Library.
11. A right onto 2nd Street will… and take you straight to Comstock Mall giving you plenty of fun things to photograph. Play with the water in the fountains or capture more of the ArtStart works and well as some fantastic Architecture.
12. Once through the Comstock Mall you will take a right toward the Old Courthouse Square. Here you will find more things to photograph than you may have time to capture. Old courthouse square is a great place to photograph people, water fountains, trees, building, and architecture.
13. Once you are done playing in the Old Courthouse Square head down 4th street toward the Mall. Make a left on B Street and then a right onto 3rd Street and go under the mall and under the Freeway overpass.
14. The Freeway underpass is another wonderful place to get texture and creative angles of the curvilinear arches of the support structure.
15. Continuing on 3rd street until Wilson Street and take a right and head back to the Visitor Center where we will meet and hang out at Chevy’s and share stories of the day.
16. For those that get back early there is a lot to photograph of the area of 15 Third Street.
Looking forward to another exciting event – Ray