Saturday, October 7th, 2017 | 6:00am - 9:00am
Where We Will Meet
Tinagba Park, Iriga centro
Where The Walk Will End
Rizal Monument, Iriga City Plaza
About This Walk
Rise and shine to Iriga City’s tangible past!
Titled “Brise Soleil: Tracing Iriga City’s 50s Architecture,” this year’s photowalk focuses on the design, concept, style, or complexity of 1950s Iriga city structures, houses, edifices, monuments. The souvenirs of old Iriga aesthetics. Every city has a story, welcome to ours. Let’s walk down memory lane and take CREATIVE snapshots of our slowly diminishing legacies.
Capture them now before it’s too late!
Photowalk is open to amateurs, professionals, hobbyists, learners, observers, new kids on the block.
And — as usual — the rules apply:
- We will pick the best photo as our bet to the Scott Kelby WorldWide Photowalk for a chance to win prizes. Make it Iriga vs the world.
- Participants may submit only one (1) photo.
- Photos must be taken during the walk (not before or after).
- Photowalk is open to all ages, Irigueño or not, any type of camera.
- Photowalk registration is for free.
- Unfortunately, registration is limited to 50 pax only. But anybody may photowalk along.
But please bear in mind that we are still shooting under the genre of Street Photography. So, conceptualize archi with street. To know more about SP click here.
And then we have some policies:
- Observe utmost GMRC on the street.
- No photos of violence, nudity, etc. you know the works.
- Last but not least: have fun!
Walk route to be announced.
Comments, opinion, discussion, suggestions, recommendations are very much welcome.
Your body is built for walking. The eyes, for seeing.
ANNOUNCING the list of registered participants so far:
PHOTOWALK IRIGA CITY PARTICIPANTS YOUR ATTENTION PLSOctober 5th, 2017
Final word from yours truly before you set out tomorrow:
1. SAFETY FIRST. Be mindful on the street at all times. Be mindful of your
fitness. Be mindful of your walkmates.
2. Observe utmost good manners and right conduct. Hwag maging
pasaway sa kalye.
3. No offensive/indecent/tasteless/disrespectful shots. Capture the life and
times of Iriga city.
4. Aim for great photography. You are in a photo competition remember?
(Top 10 shots will get a prize. The No. 1 photo will be Iriga city’s bet to the
Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk. Submission details to be announced
5. Enjoy every minute of the photowalk.
Good luck everyone!
To take your best shot is success enough.
PHOTOWALK IRIGA CITY ROUTEOctober 4th, 2017
Our photowalk route this year: DOWNTOWN IRIGA.
Assembly point will be Tinagba Park and end point, Rizal Monument. Walk around the centro trafficwise. Walk along Southbound Road passing by old City Hall, Trinidad bldg, and the old Esplana Bldg; continue along Ortega st up to USANT into Rizal st, through Iriga city public market and back.
Find your subject.
Find the theme.
Take street photography.
Take people photography.
Take your time.
KEEP IN MIND that the walk is not limited to this route. You may go out your way but pls make it back to the Rizal Monument for the group picture.
The group picture will serve as your attendance.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.