Saturday, October 7th, 2017 | 10:30am - 12:30pm
Where We Will Meet
Meet in Federal Hill Park near the canon and flagpole
Where The Walk Will End
Lunch TBD on Light St. at/near Regi's
About This Walk
We’ll start the walk in beautiful Federal Hill Park as it overlooks Baltimore’s Harbor. From there we’ll meander the streets of the Federal Hill neighborhood. Photographic opportunities abound with historic architecture, street scenes, people and urban nature.
After the walk we’ll pop in to one of the many delicious restaurants on Light Street and share stories and pictures with your new friends.
There are three options:
- Federal Hill is a residential neighborhood with parking restrictions that require a parking permit. However, free parking on the street near the park is allowed for 2 hours from 7am to 6pm. We will be ending the walk a few blocks away from the start so you may want to move your car to another spot after 2 hours.
- Park on Light Street at a meter. Parking rate is $1.50/hr to a four hour maximum from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Free parking on Covington Street in front of Digital Harbor High School. Arrive early to get a spot.
This is a residential parking map of Federal Hill. Click HERE
The weather looks to be great! Expect sunny conditions in the low to mid 80’s.
What to Bring:
- Camera with charged batteries and plenty of memory
- Lens – pick one zoom or two prime
- Flash for fill light in shadows
- Tripod (optional) – needed for slow shutter effects
- Comfortable shoes, sun screen, hat
- Water and snacks to keep you hydrated and energized
- Back up battery, memory
- Open mind to allow creativity in
Thank you!October 7th, 2017
Thanks to all that attended the walk! It was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones.
You can keep in touch with me through my website: michaelkorenphotography.com
Or, via Meetup. Search: iPhone Photography Meetup
Please don’t forget to enter the photo contest, the deadline to enter is October 15th.
Here are Scott Kelby’s instructions for walkers for entering the contest:
Login to their account at worldwidephotowalk.com
Click Your Walk in the top navigation bar.
Click on the Contest tab on the walk page.
For the Photo Contest, scroll down to the Photo Contest section, click Choose Your File and select your contest photo from your computer. Click the, “Upload Image” button. For the Video Contest, scroll down to the Video Contest section and fill out the Video Title and Video URL fields and click the “Submit” button.
He or she will be redirected to a confirmation page upon successfully
submitting his or her entry.
Federal Hill Photowalk – What to BringOctober 6th, 2017
The weather for the walk tomorrow looks to be great! Expect sunny conditions in the low to mid 80’s.
What to Bring:
Camera with charged batteries and plenty of memory
Lens – pick one zoom or two prime
Flash for fill light in shadows
Tripod (optional) – needed for slow shutter effects
Comfortable shoes, sun screen, hat
Water and snacks to keep you hydrated and energized
Back up battery, memory
Open mind to allow creativity in
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.